Saturday, March 10, 2018
Friday, March 9, 2018
One year with @planetbox !!! Rithika eats better because the food is more attractive in her planet box. I like to pack lunch for my daughter. But planet box has taken my love for home cooked lunch to a new level. In Rover, you can pack really light or really heavy. I hope this treasure box will last forever.
In her planet box : she wanted tropical colors in her planet box today. So its celery with organic peanut butter, watermelon balls, grilled sweet potatoes and cubed mangoes.
Thursday, March 1, 2018
9th blog anniversary with my daughters favorite Pasta recipe
In her Planet box : Cubed mangoes, Babybel Mozzarella cheese with crunchy Pretzel and Creamy bow tie pasta with Broccoli and Bell peppers / Pasta in white sauce.
|Creamy Bow Tie Pasta with Broccoli and Bell Peppers - Lemon n spice Kids Lunchbox ideas|
Serves :1 child, Cooking time : 10 - 12 minutes
Bow Tie Pasta : 1/2 Cup
Butter : 1 tbsp
Garlic :1 clove, finely chopped
Broccoli : 2 Florets, chopped
Bell pepper : 2 Slice, finely chopped
Arrowroot powder / All purpose flour : 1 tbsp
Milk : 1/4 Cup to 1/2 cup (warm)
Nutmeg powder / Italian seasoning / Parsley : a pinch
Pepper powder : a pinch
Salt : a pinch
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions (Approximately 10minutes). Drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a stainless steel pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add broccoli and bell peppers. Next, sprinkle the flour and combine with the veggies (1 minute).
3. Gradually add the milk and whisk constantly. Bring the sauce to a boil and allow to thick (2 minutes). Now sprinkle the seasonings - salt, pepper and nutmeg powder. If the creamy sauce gets too thick, you may thin it with a little pasta water / broth.
4. When the sauce looks good, Add boiled pasta and combine with the sauce. You can add Parmesan or cheddar to the pasta. But my daughter loves just the way it is!!!
5. To pack for lunchbox, you can transfer this hot creamy bow tie pasta to a Thermos / any heat resisting lunchbox. If your child likes it cold, allow it to cool and then pack in their regular lunchbox.
Monday, February 26, 2018
A Twinkle Twinkle Little Star baby shower is a fabulous way to honor Mommy-To-Be. Yesterday I made this cake for my close friend Saranya's baby shower. Its a Vanilla cake With Buttercream frosting.
|Twinkle Twinkle Little Star themed Baby Shower cake By Lena|
I made 5 vanilla cakes one day before the party, three - 9-inch cakes and two - 6-inch cakes, which I layered into four layers. Next day I made my classic vanilla Buttercream, increased the quantity to one and half times. For the decorations - I used 1M cake decorating tip to make rosettes and golden sugar dust sprinkles (from Michael's) to cover top layer. The cake toppers for my "Twinkle Twinkle Little star cake"are from Rashmin and Rithika :)