A thrilling prawn dish cooked in a thick sauce with ginger, curry leaves, shallots and tomato.
Prawns : 250g
Shallots : 15, chopped
Ginger : 1 inch piece, chopped
Garlic : 5cloves, chopped
Green chilli : 2,chopped
Tomato : 1, small, chopped
Curry leaves : 2spring
Coriander leaves : 2bunch
Cinnamon : 1 inch stick
Cardamom : 3
Cloves : 3
Garam masala : 1tsp
Chilli Powder : 1tsp + 1tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/2tsp + 1/2tsp
coriander Powder : 1tsp
Lemon Juice :1tsp
1. Make a paste of ginger, garlic, green chilli, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
2. Marinate the cleaned prawns in half of the above mentioned paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt and lime juice for 1hour.
3. Now in a sauce pan add coconut oil. One by one add crushed cinnamon sticks, ardamom, cloves and then the remaining ginger+garlic paste(step 1).
4. Now add the chopped shallots and saute till it becomes translucent. Add the chopped tomato and close the pan with a lid. (As i dont like tomatoes taste in prwns, i add 3/4th of a small tomato)
5. When the tomatoes are cooked properly add the chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder .
6. Now add the marinated prawns along with half glass of water. close pan tightly with a lid.
7. When the prawns are completely cooked open the lid and make a thick masala. Add salt if needed.
8. Serve hot with Rice or Appam..