Banana stem is rich in fibre and helps in weight loss. Like banana, banana stem is also rich in Potassium and Vitamin B6. Vitamin B6 provides good immune system and Potassium prevents from high blood pressure. Having the juice of banana sttem twice a week will help you to recover from kidny stones and urinory infection.
Vazhappindi / Banana Stem : 1medium Piece
Red Gram : 1/2Cup
Shallots : 6-7, Chopped finely
Crushed Chillli Flakes : 1 1/2tsp
Grated Coconut : 1/2Cup
Curry leaves : 2Springs
1. Soak red gram overnight. Wash it and keep aside.
2. Remove the outer covering of the bnanana stem and take the centre part. Cut them into rings and chop again to small pieces. After chopping put them into water immedietly to avoid the changing of color.
3. Pressure cook red gram along with banana stem, with enough water. Banana stem will release too much of water, so add correct amount of water.
3. Heat oil in a kadai and add shallots. Saute till it turns light brown in color. Now you can add crushed chilli flakes. Saute for 2minutes and add grated coconut & currry leaves.
4. Add the pressure cooked ingredients to the kadai with enough salt. Cook till the water leaves completely from the thoran.